Sweating is one of those things that everyone does, some do more than others, it sometimes smells, it feels good, then feels yucky, is totally normal and good for you. Some of us do it more than others. Some of us do it all the time, me, I don’t do it a lot actually.
I have never been one who sweats a lot. I think that for a long time it was because I didn’t drink enough water. Water has been one of the toughest things to adjust to. But, now that I drink more of it, I actually sweat in the gym.
I happen to be of the age where I may spontaneously burst into flames. That is when I will sweat. Little beads of moisture suddenly appearing across my nose when everyone else is putting on a cardigan. That is a whole other post. In the gym, however, I have come to terms with the fact that as long as I am drinking enough, I finally get a good sweat on, and I actually like it.
The gym is the one place where you should sweat. You should find yourself sweating any time you are burning up the energy level.
The twelve reasons listed are actually pretty great.
- SWEAT KEEPS US ALIVE
- IT FIGHTS THE BADDIES TO GET YOU FIT, FAST
- …AND GIVES YOU MORE ENERGY FOR WORKOUTS
- YOU'LL BOOST STRENGTH AND NIX CRAMPS
- …AND PERHAPS EVEN RECOVER FASTER
- IT KEEPS YOUR LIVER HEALTHY
- …AND GUARDS AGAINST INFECTION
- YOU'LL FEEL CONNECTED TO YOUR WORKOUT
- …AND MORE SATISFIED AFTERWARD
- IT CAN RAISE YOUR SELF-IMAGE
- …AND HYDRATES YOUR SKIN
- SWEAT CAN EVEN MAKE YOU COMFIER IN YOUR SKIN