We should all be aware of what foods are actually good for us. We are generally aware of the food that has no real value but we eat because its fun and tastes good.
But are you aware of foods that can actually boost your immunity?
Surprisingly eating food to boost your immunity doesn’t have to be that hard. As a matter of fact, this shortlist can be picked up at your local grocery store and can be part of your daily routine quite easily, in my opinion.
So here is a quick little list of immune-boosting foods;
- Citrus fruits -These fruits are great because of their large dose of vitamin C. Our bodies don’t produce or store it, so you need to get it daily.
- Red peppers -This is the biggest supplier of vitamin C in the veggie world. They are also high in Vitamin A.
- Broccoli -Broccoli is one of the healthiest vegetables you can eat. It is high in antioxidants, Vit A, C, and E.
- Garlic -Garlic has been known for its health benefits for hundreds of years. It has been known for fighting infections.
- Ginger -Ginger is great for sore throats, upset stomach, and fights inflammation
- Spinach -This is similar to broccoli, spinach is really high in Vit C, but on top of that, it is really high in antioxidants and beta carotene.
- Yogurt -This food is high in Vit D which is important in immune regulation in your body. Just make sure you choose one that has live cultures like greek yogurt.
- Almonds -Not only are almonds full of healthy fats, but they are abundant in Vit E, which is another antioxidant.
- Sunflower seeds -These fun little seeds are full of Vit B-6, E, magnesium, and phosphorus.
- Turmeric -Not only is turmeric one of the best things to help fight inflammation, it also boosts the immune system.
You don’t need to consume these foods in mass quantities, but keep them in your diet is the best way to keep your immune system working at it’s best.
The do’s are drink lots of water, get enough fibre and carbs as well, as they are important. The don'ts are don't be too extreme with any diet; it can really end up harming your system and immunity.